Saturday, November 12, 2011

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Oh, how I love, thee, Hideo Kojima.



Back in 1998, this god of a man released Metal Gear Solid. I shant get into it, but I will let you know that it is a life-changing game, and, as such, changed my life.


Changed for the better, obviously.


Then came Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, Portable Ops, 4, and Peace Walker.

My PS2 had been stolen several years ago, so, for several years, I have been unable to play 2 or 3. I got poor around PW, so I have actually never played that title, either.

However, this past Tuesday, Konami released the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Apparently they thought this could somehow compete with Modern Warfare 3?). MGSHD consists of 2, 3, and PW remastered in widescreen and high definition. Two of the greatest -- if not THE greatest -- games of all time along with the sole Metal Gear iteration I have yet to play? At a discounted price?!

Count me in.


Inside the box, that is.


So, I started playing it, today. I was most excited to revisit 2, and made my wife and sister-in-law sit through the magnificent intro to experience the beauty of this game-which-is-art.

Then, I played on for 5 hours. I ended my (story) session at the point where Raiden journeys to the central strut in search of President Johnson. After playing the campaign, I revisited the VR Missions. I only beat the sneaking missions for Raiden, but managed to get the top spot for all but two.


Sadly, Snakeboarding did not actually make a return to the HD Collection :(


I cannot wait to put hours upon hours into this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment